Thursday, November 23, 2023

Venti Vanilla Iced Coffee with Nonfat Milk.

This Thanksgiving fell on 11/23/2023,  Kevin took his last breath at 9am on 11/23/2018, which happened to be Black Friday that year.  The girls reminded me of the five year milestone.  Sidney and Hannah bought me these beautiful bouquets early in the week.  It was so thoughtful, as they wanted to get Daisies and lavender.  Since they could not find lavender, they bought lavender colored flowers.  


That morning, the girls and I ordered Kevin's favorite drink and took it up to the cemetery.

We talked, prayed, and shared memories.  

We each agreed that somedays it feels like just yesterday and other days it feels like it was a lifetime ago.  I think we each wish that he was here to see us and participate with us on all our new adventures.  I do know in my heart of hearts that he is super proud of us for continuing to put one foot in front of the other.  As one of the girls had heard, and shared with us, grief is love that has nowhere to go.  

My mom hosted us at her house for Thanksgiving.  I just had to include this one picture of the pumpkin pie.  Kendall accidentally laid the uncooked pie sideways in the bag on the way to my mom's.  It was a mess.  We managed to clean it up, only to overcook it.  At least half of it was edible.

No comments: