Sunday, November 19, 2023

Trailer Hauling 101.

I figured Sidney might as well start learning to pull the trailer (sans horse).  She is already quite proficient at hooking it and unhooking it.  So, we headed to the ranch and decided to give it a try.  She did great!  I think all the practice pulling the four wheeler with a trailer at the ranch has helped ease her into this.


She learned to really watch her mirrors through corners.  I was very impressed by how well she did.

In fact, I was so impressed that I decided to find a big parking lot and have her practice backing up.  I made her a little trailer picture for the steering wheel, as this is how I learned and the visual is very helpful.  She took it slow and got a feel for how the whole thing moves together.  

When we got back to the ranch, she wanted to line up the trailer, but wanted me to back it in.  At the ranch, our trailer gets parked between two others and can only be backed in.  Once she lined things up, I told her to take it slow and try backing it in.  It took a few tries, but she managed to slide it right into the parking spot.  We will keep on practicing for awhile, before thinking about putting a horse in there.


No comments: