Thursday, May 25, 2023

Memories.

 It has been a month full of reflection.  The girls and I chose four non-profits to donate to for Idaho gives.  One of the organizations was Idaho 2 Fly.  They had invited Kevin to one of their retreats while he was fighting his battle with cancer.  It was at a particular rough patch during his treatment.  He came back from the retreat with renewed energy and a positive spirit.  It was a very special thing for him.  When I hit submit with our donation, we received auto thank you's from each of the organizations.  I nearly broke into tears when I saw the picture that Idaho 2 Fly had chosen for their thank you.  I opened the email up to find Kevin smiling back at me.

t
My parents went up North for my grandma's memorial.  It was a very special time for everyone.

While she was there, she went through some of my grandma's pictures and sent along these gems.  This was my very first 10 speed bike.  I still remember the day I got this bike.  This was my primary transportation for many years!  At some point, I did grow into it.

This is a picture of my mom when she was younger.  She is such a beauty!

My sister and I.  Steph is the one with the crossed arms and scowl.  Not sure what was making her so mad:).

I love this picture of Steph and I.  I am the tall one on the left (yep, last time I was probably taller than Steph).  Gotta love the pants.  My mom made them at my request!

This is my beautiful grandma, when she was younger.  I do not always see my mom in my grandmother, but this picture certainly could have been my mom!

Another picture of my grandma.

I remember these Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls being in my grandma's house for as I long as I can think.  When my mom mentioned them, I asked her if I could have them.  I put them on a shelf right above Kevin's airplanes (and my F14 from Dylan).

My mom also brought home this antique mixer.  I put it on one of the cabinet shelfs in my kitchen.

No comments: