Monday, April 24, 2023

Vegas, Baby!

Kendall and I headed to Vegas for a weekend of dance.  We had the 5 am flight.  I am not sure what I was thinking when I booked that.  Sidney got picked up at midnight by Noel.  Kendall and I had our alarms set at 3am.  It was chaos.  Our plane landed at 6 or 7 (I cannot recall).  We got our rental car and were off to see the Strip.  We did stop for breakfast on the way.  


I think we were on the strip by 9am, which was fine by me, as the crazies were not quite out yet.  Stephanie and Bentley rented a car with us, so we spent the day exploring together.


Of course we had to get Sidney a couple of flattened pennies for her collection.


The girls and I have a joke about Lewis Va-tune (yep), so coming across this store was a fun treat.



Our hotel was at this glorious resort in Henderson, Nevada.  It was surrounded by golf courses and Lake Las Vegas.  I enjoyed the sunshine while Kendall was in classes.  Classes started early and ended by 3pm, so we were able to get in plenty of pool time too.


The last day we were there, Kendall ended up getting super sick.  We had to check out of our hotel at noon, but our plane did not leave until 10:15pm.  I was wracking my brain about what to do, as we could not get an earlier flight.  Then I thought of the USO at the airport.  It was perfect.  We went there and she slept for 9 hours, while I read an entire book!  I have only been to one of these a couple other times.  It was so nice to be able to just stay in one place and relax.

 

No comments: