Thursday, April 28, 2022

The Season of Kids. For Real.

These pictures are for attention really.  Kendall is my free spirit.  

The real meat of this post is about being a single mom of two teenage girls that are incredibly busy.  Here is something you may not know...I am terrified of horses, I hate tent camping and large groups of people are my biggest nightmare.  So how did I end up owning a horse, with a daughter that is on a horse team that travels together as a very large group and sleeps in tents?  These are the sacrifices we make for our children.  But are they sacrifices really?  During this season of my life, the girls are my everything.  I know there will come a time, in a few short years, in which they will be moving on.   For now, I am busy from sun up to sun down doing things I never imagined.  I am a dance mom...going to conventions and learning about false eyelashes and butt glue (yep, that is a thing).  I am a horse mom, learning how to haul a trailer and go through sand in 4 wheel drive with said trailer.  I have very little time for my friends.  I have very little time for me.  I aspire to at least hit a bucket of balls this season!  I say this, because I know so many of my friends are going through the same thing.  I say this, because this is partly the life I have chosen and partly the life I have been handed.  I say this, because I do not regret a single minute of it.  My daughters are teaching me.  I am teaching them.  Someday in the near future, they will leave the house without me, and I will look around and wonder who to call.  I will enter into the next season.  For now, I buckle up and hold on for the ride.  I will look for the minutes in between to call a friend, go on a walk or just breathe.  I will meet new people and experience new things.  I will learn to truly live in the moment!

No comments: