Monday, April 4, 2022

Meet Pigeon!

If you would have asked me a few years ago, or even a few months ago, I would have never dreamed I would be buying a horse.  Well so much has changed.  Sidney has demonstrated that she has a true passion and a whole lot of grit.  So, we decided to go horse shopping.  I was told horse shopping is not for the faint of heart, always, but especially right now.  It is like buying real estate at the top of the market.  I learned a lot these past couple of months, both about horses and the kinds of people I like to do business with.  We had some great experiences and, thankfully, a steady voice in my ear.  Thank you Alyssa for all of your wisdom and for telling me the truth, always, and not just what I want to hear.  After some time...we found the perfect guy.  We drove over to Rupert last Wednesday to pick him up after a clean bill of health from the vet.




He is truly the sweetest guy ever!  Sidney is in love.  Kendall and I are in love.  Everyone at the barn is in love.  As Sidney put it, Pigeon is like a golden retriever trapped in a horses body.  He is sweet, playful and willing.  I suspect we will have many more stories to tell, but for now this is hello!












No comments: