Monday, April 25, 2022

Covid Chaos.

We have been very fortunate the past couple of years, in that none of us have contracted COVID-19.  That all changed this past month.  If you have been wondering where I have been, it has been likely quarantining or sick with COVID.  

It all started with a work trip.  After several years of cancelled conferences, the industry decided to host an in person event in Portland, OR.  Everyone was so ready to see each other again!  The conference had 2,000ish people in attendance.  It was a week long affair, and it was a blast.  Here is a picture of me with one of my team members, at an awesome dinner we hosted.


Shortly after landing back in Boise, my throat started to hurt.  I did not think too much of it, allergy season and all.  In the middle of the night, I woke up feeling awful; sweating, dizzy, hurting all over.  I managed to make my way to the hall closet and did a COVID test,  Yep, it was positive.  So, after a week of not seeing the girls, I spent a second week isolating from them.  Easter was cancelled.  Thankfully, the Easter bunny had at least shopped for a few things, so the girls had a basket to wake up to - not much though.  Sidney is still a little girl at heart, as she asked me the night before whether the Easter bunny would be able to come:). 

On day 9, I tested negative.  Both of the girls had been testing negative all along.  I thought we had done a good job of being safe.  So on day 10, the girls and I went over to Terrell's and spent the day helping her pack and clean up around her house (another post).  My parents also came over to help.  That afternoon, Kendall started saying her stomach hurt and her chest felt tight.  She took an allergy tablet, but it did not help.  By the time we came home, she was miserable.  She took a test, and it was positive.  She was devastated!  Rightly so, because her final dance convention was in Seattle that week.  I had to cancel our travel plans.  The first three days, she felt terrible so staying home made sense.  On day four, she started to feel better, and the reality of missing the convention sank in.  I was amazed at her ability to navigate the roller coaster of emotion.  Though it may seem trivial, this was a big deal for her and her maturity was astonishing.  

Mid-week, my parents tested positive.  By the end of the week, Terrell had tested positive.  EGADS!  I had infected the elderly.  Thankfully, we are all vaccinated.  So, though things were pretty miserable for a number of days, we did not have any serious repercussions.  Somehow Sidney managed to escape the madness.  We are still holding our breath, but so far so good!

No comments: