Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Staycation in July.

 I took a few days off around the 4th of July and had a blast enjoying the summer days with the girls.  We kayaked, rode horses, went to Wahooz, went to Roaring Springs and I golfed.  It was a fun filled time and definitely let me know that I am not a spring chicken anymore.  

The fun started with a trip to Target for new swimsuits.  The girls brought their friends along.  By the end of the 3 hour excursion (yes, 3 hours in Target), the girls had everyone laughing.  I was not sure whether to laugh or be insulted when they decided to try on 'mom' suits.  In the end, it was too hilarious not too laugh.  Every woman in the fitting room line was dying as they paraded out to show me. 


After that adventure, caffeine was definitely in order.

The swimsuit shopping was in preparation for the big day at Roaring Springs.  We literally arrived at 10:45 (before it opens) and left just before closing.  We went on the actual 4th of July, which ironically was a very 'not crowded' day.  It was awesome.  My mom went with us.  It was her first time at a big water park.  She was regretting not taking dramamine before we went.  I admired her bravery at giving most of the slides a whirl.  Kendall and Lize both tried the drop slides for the first time this year!


We spent one day at Wahooz.  Equally fun.  I took pictures of most of the rides, but did not get any of the ropes course.  Yep, I harnessed up and gave it a go.  It really was a mind over matter thing.  I had to keep reminding myself that even if I fall, I was not REALLY going to fall.  Definitely scary!

Alas, Sidney took a couple pictures of the ropes course.


Just look at this bowling form.  Do not be fooled.  I am lucky to EVER break 100.



Ah, the go-karts.  I have taught Kendall well (okay maybe a bit too well).  We had fun until....

The round we took with a bunch of 40 some year old men with g-pros and something to prove.  They were crazy, but Kendall held her own.  In fact, during the ride at least one of the men got pulled over for aggressive driving and received a warning.  As we pulled our Karts into the pit,  the worker told everyone to remain seated while he went around and issued a few more warnings.  Guess where his last stop was...Kendall!  I was half proud and half astonished.  Yep, she got herself a black x.  Two of those in a day and you are asked to leave.  I think she now understands the limits.  However, I was secretly smiling that she did not let those crazy men get the best of her!  The worker winked at her at the end of her scolding and told her, "But you are an excellent driver."  Should I be worried that she could get her drivers license next year?



Sadly I have zero pictures of all the other fun things we did.  I supposed that is good that I had the phone put away, but next time I hope I remember to grab a few snaps.

No comments: