Friday, July 23, 2021

Then there were bird babies.

Oh my goodness has this been a treat.  Though I definitely feel that I have missed a few stages of the process.  It seemed that our hummingbird nest went from mama sitting on it to two babies in a matter of days.  It also seemed as if the two babies did not stay in the nest long.  They have already flown off.  I did read that hummingbirds can come back to the nest the following year, so I am truly hoping for that.


One thing I have definitely noticed is the increased activity at the feeders (and I do not believe this is mama and her babies).  The mama had been guarding the feeders and her nest fiercely.  So, she has literally been the only hummingbird we have seen in the yard.  Now that she is out of the next (and babies are too), we have tremendous activity at all of our feeders.  It has been very fun to get an up close view.  I was really hoping to see the mama feed the babies, but I never caught that!

No comments: