Monday, August 24, 2020

Smores, Cupcakes - Just Wow!

I have an amazing job.  Yes, it has been very stressful at times.  However, I work for an awesome company with a great leader.  I had taken on a 'special project' that has been very intense these past few months.  To my surprise, there was a package waiting on my doorstep one afternoon.  It was a thank you for doing such a great job on the project.  How cool is that?   

Kendall immediately grabbed the harmonica and started playing us a tune.

After dinner that night, Sidney recommended we try making stove top smores with the kit.  Yep, that is my daughter roasting marshmallows over an open flame - IN THE HOUSE.  

The smores were delicious.  All of the ingredients were superb, which made for a very rich and yummy smore.

This past week, everyone in the company received a note to check our mail later that week.  We were so excited to see what was coming.  It turned out to be a package from my work with a pick me up for the end of summer!  We received a box of Wicked Good Cupcakes.  The name says it all!

My mom asked us to send a picture.  Well, she was too late for one of the jars.


She got a glimpse of a few bites left in the second jar!


Maybe I am simple, maybe I just like food - but these two gestures went a long way for me.  It is nice to have a job where you feel appreciated.  I am not one to think of these kinds of things, so it always takes me back a bit when someone else does.  I am so fortunate...and grateful.

No comments: