Thursday, June 27, 2019

Golfing with my Pop.

My dad came down for Father's day weekend, which was coincidentally my birthday weekend and Camp Lolo weekend as well.  We made a golf date for Saturday morning.  It was beautiful, and I golfed magnificently.  

Afterwards, we went out to lunch.  It was great to spend time with my dad.

The girls stayed the night with Hannah to help celebrate her birthday on Saturday night.  So, my dad and I made a tee time for Sunday morning.  I knew this was a bad idea, as I do not have that much golfing endurance.  Yes, it was a terrible idea.  I golfed horribly bad, but I made a vow not to get frustrated and just enjoy the morning.  For that, it was great!

Sunday evening, Terrell had us over to celebrate Father's day and my birthday.  We celebrated with Kevin's favorite, pineapple upside down cake.  Terrell bought me this beautiful bouquet of flowers.

Each milestone brings with it a small bit of sadness.  It just does not feel the same.  As I told my sister, I will not pretend that before Kevin died things were perfect and now they are imperfect, but they are just 'different'.  Each 'different' thing is not necessarily bad, but it is just 'different'. We are figuring it out, for sure, but we miss him each and every day. 

No comments: