Friday, May 24, 2019

Mother's Day...Where are the mothers?

Oh my goodness.  As I started putting this last round of blog posts together, I realized how bad I have been about taking pictures.  Here it is a mother's day post, and I do not even have a picture of the mother's!  I will definitely try to be more mindful of this.  One of the things I love about blogging is that it has helped me be more aware of capturing and living in the moment.  

About this shirt...Kendall and Sidney were shopping with me the week before mother's day.  They both started giggling and Sidney secretly put this T-shirt in the cart to buy with her own money.  When I picked it up and read it, I just KNEW that I had to buy it for her.  I mean, seriously!!!  I love that the girls feel this way about me.  It is the best mother's day gift yet.

When the girls asked me what I wanted for mother's day, I asked them to write me a special letter for mother's day.  They delivered, and it was amazing.  I supposed I should ask permission to share those on here.

My mom came down to spend mother's day weekend.  Sans no pictures, it was amazing to spend time with her.  The girls and I took her and Terrell to A Way with Clay for the evening.  I HIGHLY recommend this place, not just because my friend owns it, but because it is such a magical place to go.  

Sidney painted this amazing plate with a koala.  I did not know there was such a budding artist within her.



Terrell painted this beautiful plate for a gift.  There is a tiny black dot in the center that was driving her nuts.  Judy told her to bring the plate in, and they could scrape it off and re-fire it.  Yes!

My mom painted this beautiful ceramic bird.  I love the colors.

Kendall meticulously painted this lion.  She did such a great job.

I painted a ceramic box for my bathroom.  I free handed a daisy on it.  I am showing the before and after pictures, because it always astounds me how different the pottery looks after it is fired.



No comments: