Saturday, July 7, 2018

Staycation and Our Christmas in July.

I took July 2nd and 3rd off and decided to do a staycation with the girls.  On Monday, we went to Roaring Springs.  It was the perfect year.  Sidney and Kendall were both very adventurous and did all of the rides (except the tube drops).  I do not blame them for not doing those.  In fact, I have done them and found them non-thrilling with lots of water up the nose,  Sidney was a crazy daredevil.  She could not get enough of the Avalanche ride.
 
 

The girls are crazy about dippin' dots, which I find particularly disgusting.  Since it was a 'staycation', I splurges and got them each a bowl.



After 8.5 hours of water thrill on Monday, we headed to Wahooz on Tuesday.  Both of the girls kicked off the day with the ropes course.  Kendall even made it around the top level.  I went on both the Frog Hopper and the Twister rides with them.  The twister ride made me nauseated.  The Frog Hopper, on the other hand, caused me to laugh hysterically and uncontrollable.

Kevin came and joined us for lunch, a round of mini golf and video games.   

Kevin and I love video games.  We have had many date nights racing each other at the local arcades.  You can see from his face that we take this very seriously.  Well at least he does, I am usually recovering from some kind of virtual crash.
 
Kendall was finally tall enough to drive the go-karts this year.  By the third round, she was a force to be reckoned with.  After riding with her daredevil sister, Sidney wanted nothing to do with me.  Kevin caught this picture of the girls about ready to lap me.  I had no clue what was about to happen, but I can assure you that I had a particularly slow car this round.


Toward the end of the day, Sidney wanted to give driving a try.  She went over to the smaller track for kids over 4' tall, but under 5' tall.  She was not too sure at first.  However, once she got going she was not going to stop.

The girls capped off the day with bumper boat rides.


It was a glorious 9.5 hour day.  I must say, it was a great couple of days.  It really did feel like a vacation escape!

No comments: