Wednesday, February 28, 2018

NOLA and the King Cake.

At the end of January, I took what I believe to be my first trip to New Orleans.  It was for work, but I managed to squeeze in a bit of fun.  One night we had a murder mystery dinner, also a first for me.  It was good fun.  I even managed to get an award for the best actress.  My character was a clumsy, nervous sort.  Not much of a stretch:)

Kevin had been talking about King Cake.  I picked one up on the way home for the girls.  They are letting me know whether they liked it or not.  I got a sideways thumb from Kendall.  She is not big on pastries.  I got a thumbs up from Sidney, who ate hers and offered to eat Kendall's too.

Sidney got the baby in her piece of cake.  This symbolizes a year of luck and prosperity for her.  Wouldn't that be nice if it rubs off on the whole family!

No comments: