Thursday, October 16, 2014

The "Twins" Celebrate Their Birthday Together.

My mom and Sidney share the same birthday.  Sidney likes to call them "twins".  My mom is happy to play along (after all, this makes her so much younger).  Initially, Sidney had wanted a bowling party.  At the very last moment, she changed the plans.  We had a home birthday bash complete with pizza, pin the tail on the pink pig and a pinata.  I suppose one could call it a "P" party. 

My Dad, Dylan and Hallie were also in town for the weekend.

The girls insisted on helping with the cake.  The center cake is Sidney's and the cool cupcakes were for my mom.

I truly like to believe that I am not half as strange as my father.  I may be able to convince myself of this but others tell me differently.

Asher struck candy pay dirt when he put the pink tail on the pig.  Ruth Ann was the official judge and I made sure that his blindfold was secure.  He won fair and square.

Best Friends Forever... 

The kids scrambling to find the candy and toys.  The pinata would not stay attached.  We were lucky to get one swing per child.  Pinatas always bring me back to my own childhood.  Back then, we had to make our own pinatas (or at least that is what my mom tells me).  I recall one birthday party where we put on the paper mache so thick my dad finally had to crack the thing open.


The birthday girls making their wishes!

Kendall gifted my mom a frame that she had made at her last birthday party.  This frame was very special to Kendall, which made it all the more special for my mom.

Sidney was blessed to receive a doll set for her bedroom.  Complete with cradle, high chair and wardrobe closet.

She immediately ran up to her room to get Chloe and tuck her in.  After receiving this gift, the party was pretty much over for Sidney.  She was lost in her play!

Kami and Hallie catching up during the party.

A special moment between the birthday girl and her daddy. 

No comments: