Thursday, October 9, 2014

Parent and Daughter Dates.

Kendall earned a pass to Roaring Springs this summer.  Kevin was not interested in going and Sidney is not quite ready for such a park, so Kendall and I made a day of it.

We arrived the minute the park opened and rode all of the rides except two of them.  For those that have been there, I am sure you can guess which two we skipped.  Who in their right mind would go down a vertical slide?  We had such a blast.  The first ride was a tube ride that we went on together.  Kendall had a look of sheer terror.  When we got to the bottom, I was not sure if that was it for her.  She jumped out and yelled, "Let's do it again".

We went non-stop for 6 hours (Kendall went one extra hour while I lounged in a chair).  I finally felt my age that day.  I thought she was going to have to carry me out of there.

Her she is enjoying an ice cream.  She picked the most disgusting one.  After this picture was taken, she agreed it was disgusting and threw it away.  We shared the rest of my choice (an ice cream sandwich).


While we were busy sliding down water slides and surfing in the wave pool, Kevin took Sidney to the place of her choosing.  Where did she want to go?  Where else, but Pojo's.

She tirelessly rode the carousel and bumper cars.  Her fears seem largely gone (minus the fire breathing tiki god at Wahooz).  In fact, while my mom was here we all went go kart racing.  The kart's could not go fast enough for her liking!


We also took the girls to the driving range a few times.  Kendall seems like a natural and really enjoyed herself.  Sid on the other hand was way more interested in eating the purse full of snacks that she packed.

No comments: