Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Missed Moment.

I rarely talk about work on this blog, because work is work and I really make an effort to keep my family time separate.  I chose a path in life.  That path was to be a working mom.  This is sometimes a very controversial topic among people, but it is a decision that I have not really consulted too many people on.  I think that a woman should do what works for her and her family and do it with as much grace and enthusiasm as possible.  Kendall asked me the other day what I hoped for.  I replied that I hoped that she and Sidney would both be successful.  She then asked me what "successful" was.  I thought for a moment and told her that it was doing the absolute best that she can at whatever it is she chooses to do; whether it be a gardener, a mommy, a doctor, a fireman, etc.  She seemed satisfied with that. 

All of this rambling brings me to the reason for this post.  I got a promotion recently at work.  Along with this promotion comes more travel.  I knew this.  Our family discussed this.  We are prepared for this.  99% of the time it works out just fine.  Today I leave for a one night work trip.  Tomorrow morning the girls have their Dance Recital rehearsal.  This is where we get their costumes, they rehearse, etc.  Kevin will be going (not me).  I am sad.  I am a mom.  I will miss doing that.  I know it is something small and there will be many more dance rehearsals.  And so it goes, this is the path I have chosen.  It does not come without sacrifice.  But that what in life does not come without sacrifice?

No comments: