Sunday, April 22, 2012

Spring Fever.

Gorgeous, Beautiful and Amazing.  These are the words that I use to describe this weekend.  It was definitely a taste of summer.  Kevin took advantage of the nice weather to start building the storage shed.  He made quite a bit of progress.

I took advantage of the nice weather to plant flowers.  It is risky as the weather could still take a turn for the cold, but I just could not wait any longer.  At least with the potted plants, I can bring them inside if necessary.

As for the others, I will just hope for the best...

Our friends, the Nelson's came by on Saturday night and Rebecca left me with so much inspiration that I headed to the nursery again today.

I set up the fountain which was my Mother's Day present from last year and Kendall helped me plant some pretty white and pink flowers around it.  The flowers are the "creeping" kind, so in my mind I picture loads of flowers eventually around the fountain...we will see.

One of the best things this weekend was the sound of children's laughter coming from the backyard.  At one point, we had six kids in the backyard.  The girl's have been making friends with the neighborhood kids.  It is great to watch them play and run back and forth.

I pulled out the girls summer clothes this morning.  It was like Christmas.  Sidney was having a great time changing her outfit every 10 minutes while she explored all of her "new" things.  I let her be, but came upon an interesting surprise later that morning.  Her and I were out grocery shopping and she said she had to go potty (YES!).  Off and running we went.  Once in the bathroom, I discovered she had on a long sleeve shirt and capris.  Under that she had shorts and a tank top.  Under that she had a swimsuit.  Under that she had underclothes.  What?!?!  I thought that her pants looked a bit tight, but who knew?

No comments: