Monday, January 2, 2012

No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed!

I let the girls choose the title of this post, so I am not sure how much it applies.  It has beds and it is about monkeys (the girls), so I will go with it.  Last summer we were in a furniture store and the girls saw loft beds that they thought were fantastic.  We left the store and I thought nothing more about it.  A couple of months later (about one week before we moved our furniture out of our old house), Kevin announced that he was going to make the girls new beds.  Kevin is not a "fly by the seat of his pants" kind of guy, so I figured he had put some thought into this proclamation.  I confirmed that he was serious.  He said he was planning to make them over Christmas break.  I was a bit skeptical but proceeded to put their old beds on Craigslist.  The beds sold the next day.  For the past two months, the girls have been sleeping on their mattresses on the floor.  Christmas vacation came and Kevin put his woodworking skills to work.  I must say I am very impressed.  He did not have a pattern to work from and these are the beauties that he produced. 

Kendall's Room
Of course she chose the pinkest of pinks for her paint color. 
 Now she has a desk to do all of her crafting.
 We picked up some wood letters for her name.
 She has turned her fort into a dress-up area.
Sidney's Room
After much deliberation and many changes of her mind, Sidney settled on purple for her bed.
I am not sure how much crafting will be done at her desk, but plenty of "baby" doctoring I am sure.
Sidney turned her fort into a dolly area.
Take a long look because I am certain that this is the cleanest her room will be for long time.
Kevin did an amazing job and the girls really love the beds.  I personally love the little ladders and the fact that the beds are not too high up.  Thank you Kevin!

1 comment:

Gerbicks said...

woah! the beds are amazing!!!