Tuesday, January 3, 2012

All Grown Up.

I am not sure how it happened, but Little Miss Kendall is all grown up.  I knew that she was getting older, but one glimpse of these pictures showed me just how much she has grown.  She turned 5 years old today.  She is a very sweet, caring, compassionate girl.  She does not know a stranger and has a kind word for everyone.  The intense emotions of her toddler years have transformed into a larger than life personality.
She can hardly wait to start kindergarten next year and has been busy getting all of the "dish" from the school age kids at her child care.  Sound advice it is - probably!
She is such a beautiful girl who has a special place in her heart for family.  She continuously asks us to tell "her special story"! 
At the mall the other day, she was inquiring about pierced ears.  Of course I would love for her to get her ears pierced but this is a tricky time.  Too old to forget it after 30 seconds and too young to really take care of them.  She was pretty sure that she wanted to wait until she was 5.  When I reminded her that she was turning 5 the next day, she decided she wanted to wait until 10.  So if anyone knows a good place to buy clip on earrings, let me know!
Yes, she is a very special girl and growing up way too fast.  For now she thinks I am the coolest thing ever, but there will come a time when my very presence will cause her great embarrassment.  At that time, I will call loudly for her in each and every department store (yes mom you know what I am talking about - I learned from the best).

1 comment:

Gerbicks said...

so beautiful! 5 years old seems to be when we get the first glimpse of the grown up person to come...*sigh*
uhm, love the picture of sidney trying to take a bite of the entire piece of cake! lol!