Monday, April 4, 2011

What is better than a visit from Santa or the Easter Bunny?

...a visit from Grandma T.  It has been WAY too long since we have had a visit from Grandma Terrell, but this weekend we were overjoyed to see her.  She came down fro a quick two day trip to hang with the family.  The girls showered her with tons of love and have not stopped talking about her since she left.  They are already looking forward to her next visit.  Sidney keeps saying that "Grandma will come and watch me play soccer".  They put her to work immediately pushing them on the swingset.  I sincerely hope that she was not anticipating a restful weekend...

Of course I had to sneak her away for a little shopping.  That lady can shop!  She took me on my first trip to Hobby Lobby (need I mention that it is next door to Kohl's).  It was a wonder that I had not been there before.  It was awesome.  One of my purchases were some candy making molds.  I was having a creative moment.  Here is a snapshot of my first creations.  Needless to say, I learned a lot of "do's" and "don'ts" the first time around.  I already made a trip back to the store for more candy melts.  My plan is to make some candy's for the girls to share with their classmates.

Kevin had last week off for spring break.  On Monday he told Sidney that if she did not have any potty accidents all day, he would take her to Planet Kid.  Where there is a will, there is a way.  Monday evening it was off to Planet Kid.  Way to go Sid!

Last Saturday the girls had their dentist appointments.  Kevin prepped them by reading their dentist book that morning.  Both girls seemed very excited to go.  When we arrived we had to wait FOREVER in the waiting room, but their excitement did not wane.  When it was time to go in to see the dentist Sidney walked through the glass door, clamped her hands over her mouth and started to shriek.  And so it goes...at least there is always next time.  She was very happy once she got back out of the chair and received her brand new Dora toothbrush.  Hopefully the toothbrush will be inspiration for the next trip.

1 comment:

King Kohls said...

Adorable...Jake has the exact same book that he also loves to read before a visit to the dentist. I love the Critter books... :)