Monday, April 11, 2011

Special Time

Saturday I took Kendall for her first "real" manicure.  When I told her what we were going to do, she immediately picked out her favorite dress and tights to wear.  She had such a good time.  The only way to describe it was that she relished every minute of it.  Halfway through she told the lady, "You do a REALLY good job".  That statement won her some sparkles over her polish.  Then she told the lady that her daddy will think her nails are SO pretty.  I believe that earned her the flowers on her fingernails.  Mary, the lovely woman that did her nails, was so sweet and gave her the full treatment.  Kendall had her nails soaked, filed, buffed, cuticles shaped and an arm massage.  Today she told me that next time she will wear pants so the lady can paint her toes too.  Uh Oh.  What have I done?

The girls and I went to the new library that has opened.  We really have some great libraries near our house.  The girls had an excellent time.  I think we were there for almost two hours.  The library has fish tanks, guinea pigs, hamsters, computers, a sit and spin (remember those) and of course tons of great books.

I thought this picture was precious.  Do not look too closely at Kendall's chin, I think she fell asleep before Kevin could wash the Spaghettio's from her chin (of course I will blame it on him...).

2 comments:

The Reed Ranch said...

Heather.. this is just too precious! I'm loving your Blog and should tell you more often!

You are such a great story teller... and I love the $100 Aprons... Reminds me of a comment one of my Stamping customers made... her husband asked her one time how much did it cost her in money and time to make this one particular card... not sure what she told him but truth be told it was about $800 and two and a half years... oh well.

The girls are just growing up so quickly... thanks for sharing your little blessings with us all... oh and that big blessing too.. tell him I said Hi!

Gerbicks said...

those nails! so cute. i think adeline will be treated to that on her birthday. i'm sure kendall was so proud of them. cute!!!