Sunday, November 28, 2010

Reindeer Games.

We had a fun-filled Thanksgiving weekend.  I think we were all so grateful to be feeling well that we tried to make the most of every minute.  Kevin took us by the cemetery, of all places, to check out the reindeer.  Pretty hysterical hearing him try to explain why "rudolph" did not have a red-nose.

In keeping with our tradition, we did manage to get our Christmas decorations up the day after Thanksgiving.  Mind you this was AFTER taking Kendall on her first Black Friday shopping experience.  Last year was the first year I experienced Black Friday, and I had a great time.  There was not one thing that I needed to buy this year, but Kendall had a few things she wanted to buy, so I promised her some good deals.  I was up at 3:30.  No Kendall.  I went to Walmart and came home.  Still no Kendall.  The girl who has been waking at 5am decided to sleep in until 7am.  WHAT?!!?  Mommy was getting anxious.  Once sleeping beauty awoke, we were off.  First stop...Starbucks!  Coffee for me and a donut for Kendall.  Then we headed to Kohls and Kendall went shopping crazy.  She had brought her own money to spend.  It was so cute to watch her shop and talk to anyone and everyone who would listen.

On Saturday, we decided to check out the Festival of Trees for the first time.  Kevin and I always talk about going, but this time we actually did it.  I only snapped one picture as we were all so overwhelmed with all of the sights and sounds.  There were hundreds (not sure if I am exaggerating) of trees to look at.  My personal favorites were the M&M tree and the Bodybuilding.com tree.  The girls favorite part was listening (and dancing) to the singers.

Say Cheese! 


Sidney spent most of the weekend lining up her dolls and animals and taking their picture.  She would go from room to room rearranging and snapping.  I kept wondering why she was not actually looking through the view finder.  Then I realized, "who does that nowadays?"
For those who did not read my post back in August, I took the girls to Planet Kid at the Wing's Center for the second time.  We went on Friday night during all of the "exciting" football games.  There was literally us and three other little kids for the entire evening.  The girls went nuts.  They spent 2 hours climbing, sliding, jumping, swinging and rolling.  By the time I brought them home, they were READY for bed.  Did I mention that they slept in the next morning?  SWEET!

No comments: