Sunday, October 24, 2010

Is there an echo in here?

Sidney has started to repeat everything we say.  I am not referring to a word here and a word there.  I am talking about entire conversations.  As we are talking to each other, she is in the background repeating EVERY word.  It is actually quite humorous, except for when Kendall catches on and gets frustrated.  Then we hear Kendall say "Sidney quit copying me", followed by Sidney saying "Sidney quit copying me". 

It has been a rainy weekend here.  One thing I am very please about is that our basement did not flood again.  We had a leak a few weeks ago that we attributed to an outside water spout.  The rain has proven that it was not a worse situation.  Yay!  Here are the girls splashing in the rain before church.  Kendall is not wearing her hood, because she did not want to "mess up" her hair.  She did not get this from me.  I will defer to Grandma Karen for that one.


I have channeled Martha Stewart this weekend.  First by deciding to change the master bathroom colors to spa blue and chocolate brown.  As a start, I have picked out paint colors and tore down the last strip of wallpaper in our house.  Good riddance!  Then I decided to make some yummy maple walnut scones.  Kevin has been spending our life savings on scones at Starbucks (just kidding Kevin, sort of...).  So, I decided to give it a shot.  I was feeling pretty confident after we managed to duplicate the Panda Express Orange Chicken.  The scones turned out pretty good.  Kevin's comment was "They are delicious, but nobody can beat Starbucks".  Seriously?!?!?  I have never been known to shy away from a challenge.  Next on my list are petite vanilla scones.  I think I may have found the perfect recipe...

No comments: