Sunday, January 17, 2010

Separation anxiety...no more???

I am quite certain that this post is premature, but I am hopeful. Sidney has had a serious case of separation anxiety for the past four months. But, alas this week it seems to have lessened (a wee bit). Up to this point, the only two people that she has been comforted by are myself and Rebecca (childcare provider). However this week, I have snuck two workouts in while she sat calmly with Kevin. She even went straight to Kevin for comfort one day. Kevin swears "she will always be a momma's girl" when I feign hurt and sadness. The truth be told, it is a relief to have her warm up to others:) I am hoping this is the start of a new independence.

Sidney is also starting to find her voice. This morning she was saying "ruff, ruff" when asked what a doggy says. However, every body part is still her nose:) It is a lot of fun to hear her start talking. She has such a very sweet - CALM spirit.

Kendall had her first case of "I miss my mommy" in Sunday School today. She has been in Miss Paula's class for the last year and has loved it. But with the passing of her third birthday and her success in potty training, we decided to move her up to the preschool class. When I went to pick her up AFTER church, she was playing contently in Miss Paula's class...WHAT?!?!? Miss Aubrey (the new teacher) informed me that she was doing very well until they took a field trip to the "big room" for story time. Miss Aubrey said that she looked over and Kendall had silent tears streaming down her face. When asked, Kendall replied "I miss my mommy!". Sniff, sniff as I type this. So Miss Aubrey asked her if she wanted to go to Miss Paula's class for the rest of the morning. Kendall said "That would be good". We will try again next week. Miss Aubrey thinks she might have gotten a bit overwhelmed as there were a ton of kids today. Plus I had told Kendall that her friend Jacob would be in the new class today. Kendall's first words to me were "Jacob was not there, mommy". Darn it already, now I am a liar:) And. at church even. Sheesh!

Here is a picture of Kendall trying out her new bike. The tricky part is that every time she pushes backwards the brakes are engaged. This did not happen on the tricycle. She seems to be learning pretty quickly and enjoying every minute of it!

No comments: