Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Junk Drawer February 2024.

I did a thing.  I am finally confessing, I think I am a horse girl.  For those that know me, you know that I like to learn new things.  I also do not like asking for help.  Horse has been a new challenge, as I have no idea what I am doing.  I have taken some lessons and many of the trainers are available for help, but I do like to be able to figure out a few things on my own.  I found this trainer that I really like.  It so happens that he is from Australia, but lives in Paso Robles, near where I went to college.  He offers a monthly subscription to a training library that I have found super helpful. It has helped me step way back and start from ground zero.  He has a step by step approach that he demonstrates on many different horses (not just the broke horses).

As part of his membership, he does a monthly zoom call.  I recently sat in on one, thinking I would just observe.  That being said, I did have a question, as Levi has been doing a bit of something strange lately.  As it turns out, I was the third question he answered.  I loved it.  He is super chillax and asks a lot of probing questions to get to the root of it.  He is super non judgmental and just meets you where both you and your horse are.  Yep, fangirling for sure!


Sid and Bailey taking a break from vacuuming.

Another perk of pulling through Dutch when Kendall is working is that she writes nice messages on the lids of our cups.


Sidney made 100 flash cards to study for her civics exam.  She aced it in no time flat.  This girl has proven time and again that she has what it takes.  So, she cannot figure out why I expect her to get A's.  She thinks C's get degrees.  Yep, for some, but not for her.  She has what it takes to do well.  Of course, I am going to push her!

Bella on one of our walks on a spring like day.  


These dogs basking in the sunlight.  Spring keeps teasing us!

No comments: