Friday, August 25, 2023

Fair

Sid and I both entered the horse show at the Western Idaho Fair.  It was my first horse show ever.  I had decided about a month ago that I would show him.  Sidney helped me get ready.  I also took a lesson with Noel to learn some of the basic ground work tools.  Hannah also had the opportunity to show Lily.  The girls made stall signs for the horses.  




Levi was the star of the barn.  He was so happy to have all the attention by all the passersby.  In fact, I put a post on Facebook about him and my friend told me that she remembered him.  She said he was so loveable.  He stuck his head out and posed for many pictures and received lots of scratches on the head.

The girls set up camp in the back of Noel's trailer again, while I just came during the day.

It was quite the honor that Sidney had the privilege to carry the flag for the National Anthem one of the day's.  She was pretty nervous, as carrying the American Flag is a pretty big deal and there are plenty of do's and don'ts.  They did great!

Levi did amazing.  He won a ribbon in halter and in-hand mustang trail.  It was pretty great for our first show.  He did excellent in showmanship, but got a little frisky at the end.  I was happy that he did all the walk-trot transitions like a champ.




We all helped out with Emma during the show, as Noel certainly had her hands full.  Emma is seriously the happiest baby ever!

Levi and I entered the costume contest.  It was such a great experience.  He was not bothered at all by the other horses and costumes.  However, he thought for sure the grand stands and the audience were goblins that were going to eat him up.  He got pretty nervous our first time walking by.  Thankfully, we had the chance to make 4 or more passes.  He got less nervous each time, though he did give them a bit of side eye.

No comments: