Saturday, December 26, 2020

What was I thinking?

 When we moved into our house 9+ years ago, it was a nice shade of beige.  Over the years we have painted a few walls.  Kevin had been trying to talk me into a gray color.  However, I was completely opposed because of two things; 1)  We would have to hire painters (or so we thought) and 2) I DID NOT want to redecorate and did not believe my current decor would match.  Then, along came Agreeable Gray.  The perfect greige color.  I started off by painting my office, then the girls bathroom, then before I knew it my entire upstairs was painted.  Since I bought a bit too much paint, I decided to do my bathroom and bedroom.  Why stop there?  After a brief negotiation with my dad on whether he and I could do the living room with the help of scaffolding, I went for it.  

Many people hate painting.  I don't mind.  In fact, I find activities like these rather relaxing.  The girls notice a therapeutic quality arise within me.  The same things happens when I 'puzzle'.  It is a busy, mindless activity.  So you see from the picture below, why I had to think this one through.


Here we go....

I got as far up the wall as I could before 'scaffold' day.

Moments after we had taken the scaffolding down and loaded it into the truck, Sidney looked up to see that we had left the tape around one of the can lights.  You have got to be kidding me!  I certainly am not brave enough to do what my dad is doing in this picture.  Yikes!

I had such a great sense of accomplishment after it was all done.  The color looks amazing!

No comments: