Saturday, May 16, 2020

My Parent's Yard Makeover.

It has been a lot of fun helping my parents transform their yard from dirt to a relaxing place to be.  It reminds me of Kevin and I fixing up our yard or helping Terrell with her yard when she first moved in.  The sod was laid a few weeks ago.  My parents put in a nice planting feature in the center of the yard.

My mom is really excited about the longer growing season in Boise.  She is starting with one very long planter box this year, but has big ambitions for a few more.

Sidney and I helped my Dad build a cover for their patio.  I am super proud of Sidney and her hard work.  She was a legitimate contributor.  The three of us managed to get the roofing on in one afternoon.  I could not believe how heavy the bags of shingles were!

While my parents were over for dinner a few nights ago, their neighbor sent a picture of a snake in their yard.  Holy smokes.  Look closely, the slippery little sucker is against the fence, blending in with the rocks.  My Dad did a thorough yard inspection and did not see the slithering creature in their yard.  

No comments: