Saturday, April 27, 2019

A Beautiful, but different Easter.

Easter was bittersweet this year.  It was our first Easter without Kevin.  We missed him dearly, but he would have been very proud of his carrying on in his absence.  My parents bought me a beautiful Easter lily, which I have planted in my yard. 

The girls looked beautiful.




Kendall has been helping out in nursery.  She volunteered to help Easter morning.  She adores these little ones.  Sidney and I spied on her and caught a glimpse of her reading to one of the little boys.

Lisa came down to help us celebrate.  After church, we went over to Rebecca's for Easter linner and an egg hunt.  Lisa held off the wild children while we finished hiding the eggs.

The kids had a blast, as usual, running to find the eggs.  It seems they will never get too old for this.


They each made out with a huge candy loot.  Of course, the adults had to steal a few pieces for ourselves.

We also managed to demolish way more desserts than should be humanly possible. 

Every holiday seems to sneak up on us, as we experience the huge void that Kevin has left in our lives.  I do know, with all my heart, that he would want us to keep living and live to the fullest!

No comments: