Sunday, October 28, 2018

The Farmstead.

Be prepared for picture overload.  I took the day off work, and the girls and I went to Farmstead.  They had the most fun this year than I think they ever have.  The only thing I did not get a picture of was the 'hay bale roll'.  The reason I did not get a picture is because they conned me into racing them.  Picture a 40-something year old woman in a big culvert, running like a hamster.  It was crazy.  It was fun.  I have not laughed that hard in awhile.  I hate to admit it, but they won (only by a smidge).

 
The bee exhibit was awesome.


I decided to join in on the fun.  I must admit, it was a little disconcerting at first.  Bees flying at you, landing on your finger.  It was so cool though!  Sidney was having no part of those shenanigans.

Sidney was Annie Oakley with the apple blaster.





We did the corn maze.  I am not sure why we do this every year.  As Sid so precisely put it, "It kind of stresses us out."


It was a beautiful 70 degree day.  We treated ourselves to some ice cream while we were there.


We have been watching Heartland the past few months.  The girls are convinced we should by a horse ranch.  Unfortunately, I do not think our trip to Farmstead helped.  They are double convinced now.  People must have thought we were crazy, as we had all of the horses named; Spartan, Phoenix, SugarFoot, Bug.



No comments: