Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Capitol Classic 2018.

The girls and I participated in the Capitol Classic again this year. 
 


I roped my mom into coming down to volunteer with me.  There were a lot of fun things going on this weekend, to include Sidney's drama performance.  It was great to have my mom her to join the festivities and start the summer off with us. 

The run starts with a celebration at the Boise Depot while the kids get dropped off and situated.

There were cheerleaders, bubbles, hula hoops and lots of loud music at the start line.  My mom was a running buddy for Sid's group, while I ran with Kendall's group.  There were not as many running buddies this year, so I roped Kendall into helping me keep our group organized.  She had fun helping.

Sidney claims she ran the whole way.  I have proof that there was a step or two of walking along the way. 

It was 70 degrees and gorgeous the morning of the run.  We could not have asked for better weather.

There is a fair at the finish line.  This year there was a booth set up with pogo sticks. 


My mom and I both gave it a try.  I had a pogo stick as a kid and loved it.  I was thankful that my mom escaped without the need for medical assistance. 

Here we are, after the race...still smiling!

No comments: