Thursday, June 7, 2018

A Beautiful Start to Summer!

It is the start of a beautiful summer.  The first weekend in June was absolutely gorgeous.  We got a few treats over the weekend, as some of the planes were practicing for the Mountain Home Airshow.

Here is a funny (not-so-funny-at-the-time) story.  Kendall came home from her Memorial Day camping trip with a middle school attitude.  It was exhausting.  I am a big believer in natural consequences.  So, Tuesday morning after three warning that the bus (that is me) was leaving to go to Grandma's house, I left her behind.  To put it into context Grandma Terrell live exactly three miles from our house.  She also lives about a couple blocks from the school.  I was about halfway to Grandma's house with Sid in the car, when I got a call from Kendall.  She was flabbergasted.  What will she do?  I calmly explained to her that a three mile walk should take her about 45 minutes, so she could leave now.  Alternatively, she could wake her dad up and see if he would take her.  When I got home, she was heading out the door on her bike.  She did wake Kevin up and he told her the same thing...only he added that a three mile bike ride might be quicker. 

Needless to say, this act of defiance and subsequent consequence turned out to be an awesome thing.  Kendall rode her bike to and from school the rest of the week.  She is now an avid bike rider and even talked my mom, Sid and I on a bike ride this weekend.  We enjoyed a beautiful weekend ride to Grandma Terrell's and back.  I think Sid may be a fan of bike riding now too.

I took this family selfie to represent how much we love our front porch swing.  This is often a gathering place to enjoy the morning (or evening) together. 

Grandma Terrell went yard sale-ing a couple weekends ago and picked up a cute cupcake decorating book for the girls.  They decided to decorate cupcakes and simulate a cupcake war challenge  Jackson and Blake joined in as their baking assistants.  The boys got so into it.  Jackson kept running to his house for supplies.  They received little to no help from my mom and I, only a little supervision and suggestion. 

Sidney and Blake made a crocodile cupcake display.

Kendall and Jackson made a batch of puppy dog cupcakes.

Such adorable little cuties (the kids and the cupcakes)!

No comments: