Sunday, December 10, 2017

Idaho Steelheads Hockey, the Elf and the Angels.

Kendall's choir group was invited to sing the National Anthem at an Idaho Steelhead's hockey game again this year.  I was on a work trip last year and missed the game, so I was super excited to go this year.  Kendall went to the game early with her friend Rayah.  The choir caroled on the Grove beforehand.  Kevin, Terrell, Sid and I had a bit of fun ourselves taking selfies in front of the Grove Christmas tree.

Miss McBean always does a great job of preparing the kids.  They did not disappoint.  The kids were clear and on key.  Way to go!

Sid found Mia and hung out with her most of the game.

 She did manage to stop by for a quick snuggle!

The game was pretty tame.  It was tied going into the last period.  With only 39 seconds left in the game, the opposing team scored.  WHAT?!?!?

Sid and Mia wanted to check the arena out.  I volunteered to take them, but it was clear they wanted me to stay at least five steps behind.  Sidney embarrasses so easy.  I do feel that it is my duty to embarrass her, so I periodically break out in song or dance.  No wonder she tries to keep her distance:)
 
Kendall and her choir friends were the "where's waldo" of the night.  They were featured on the jumbo Tron a handful of times.

Their selfies were also posted on the digital board.  They could also be found on the ice, clearing pucks between periods.

For the past several years, Sidney has been pleading for an Elf of the Shelf.  I have given her a resounding "NO".  Why would I subject myself to a daily task of antics from this little elf?  Kevin was having a weak moment and decided to get her one.  As I mentioned before, I am SO not responsible for this little elf's behavior.  I am not exactly sure who keeps moving him each day, maybe it really is magical.  This is how I found our nutty little elf this morning. 
 
I collect Willow Tree Angels.  I always try to get a new one for my collection to commemorate special occasions.  While Kevin was being fitted for his radiation mask last week, I took a stroll down to the hospital gift shop.  I had been looking for a Willow Tree to remember the trip my mom and I took to Magnolia Farms.  I could not believe my eyes when I saw the newest angel, "Magnolia". 
 
While I was at the gift shop, the ladies that worked there told me it was their open house.  They offered me some yummy cookies and asked me to enter my name into the drawing.  That evening, I received a call that I had won the Grand Prize, a Willow Tree Angel signed by the artist Susan Lordi.  She is called Beautiful Wishes.  A gathering of Beautiful Wishes for you - love, health, happiness.

No comments: