Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Sidney Nicole Turns 9!

Sidney celebrated her birthday all weekend long.  On Saturday, she had a pool party with her friends.  The weather was gorgeous.  We literally had the pool to ourselves for the first few hours.

Sidney warming up with Liberty.

You gotta love the blue "Kool-Aid" tongue.  Blake cannot quite figure out what is going on.

I have been watching the super hilarious commercials for  Chatbooks (click on the title to watch one of them).  So I decided to "Get in the Photo".  For the record, I think yoga pants are the best thing ever invented.

There were a lot of bright smiles and laughter.

 

Sidney only had one request for her party..."Smallcakes Cupcakery".

They were SO delicious.
 
Kevin did not let us down.  He and Sidney brainstormed these cute party favors, filled with Boom Chicka Pop.

The Party - Part Deux!
As if that was not party enough, we celebrated at home on Sunday.  Kendall was adamant that she wanted to make Sidney a birthday cake for her family party.  She scheduled time to go over to Grandma Terrell's to decorate in secret.

She made the cake super special and included her favorite ingredient, "love".  It sounds cheesy coming from an adult, but adorable coming from a tween.

Sidney adored her special cake.  It was super delicious.  The frosting was a less sweet, cream cheese, version.  I could have licked the frosting off the entire cake if it was not socially unacceptable.

Awhile back, Grandma Terrell and I took Sidney on a fashion shopping spree.  This is a shopping spree in which Sidney tries on outfits as long as she wants, while we snap pictures and take notes.  At the end of the day, we were full of birthday ideas.

Charlene and Valerie came over to help us celebrate.  We always look forward to their visits.  They spoiled Sidney rotten with gift cards to Walmart, so she could buy "accessories" for her 18 inch doll. 
 
Kendall asked if we could surprise Sidney by inviting Liberty over to the family party.  Of course, she is practically like family.
 
These shoes have Michael Jackson written all over them.
 
I am sure that we will all laugh about this some day, but it may still be too soon.  I majorly messed up.  Over a month ago, I bought my mom a ticket to come down for Sidney's birthday.   They share the same birthdate, so we love it when they get the chance to celebrate together.  About three days before my mom was supposed to arrive, she called to tell me that I may have messed up.  Sure enough, I did.  I booked a round trip ticket from Boise to Spokane (the opposite direction that my mom needed to fly).  D'OH!  At that point, the tickets were outrageous.  So, we decided to fly mom down in three weeks.  Kendall came up with a fantastic idea.  She Marco Polo'ed with my mom while Sidney was opening the gifts from my mom and dad. 
 
 It was a fantastic birthday weekend.  Sidney seemed to enjoy every moment of that.  I just wish they were not growing up so fast!

No comments: