Saturday, September 10, 2016

Super Skills!

I have been having so much fun the past few years learning to garden and now learning to preserve.  This year, Valerie gave us half a burlap bag of corn.  For the second time, I used the microwave to shuck corn.  It is seriously clean and easy.  If you have not tried it, give it a whirl.  You will never shuck corn the old fashioned way again.  I found an amazing recipe for Mexican Street Corn.  OMG!  Pure yumminess!


My mom bought me a canning book last year (hint, hint) and a water bath this year (hint, hint).  Well, I finally took the hint and tried canning.  The whole thought of it was extremely intimidating.  Rebecca agreed to let me join her this year to learn the ropes.  We tried peaches and pears.  It was super easy and a lot of fun.  After all, I got to visit with my friend while preserving food for my family.  It was a win-win. 



I had one box of pears that was not quite ripe, so I will be trying it on my own next weekend.  Wish me luck!

No comments: