Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Golf Camp.

Kevin has golfed ever since I met him.  For many years, I thought it seemed like a pretty ridiculous sport.  Who would want to spend hours chasing a little white ball around a course?  That all changed one day shortly after we moved to Boise.  I went to the driving range with him and decided to hit a few balls.  I was hooked.  He bought me a few lessons for my birthday, so I would know the basics. 
 
That all happened shortly after Kendall was born.  Once the girls came along, it took me awhile to make it back out to the course.  The past two years, I have been getting out a bit more.  I really am a terrible golfer, and have never actually kept score.  That being said, I love getting out there and giving it a go! 
 
We live about a mile from a little nine hole golf course.  I have started taking the girls over there with me in evenings.  We started with putting and eventually worked our way up to the driving range.  They love it and never want to leave when it is time to go.  So, Kevin and I decided to enroll them in a golf camp.  We signed up through a fantastic organization called The First Tee of Idaho.  The girls had their camp last week.  It was each day from 9-12:30.  I was not sure exactly how it would work out.  After all, it was a super hot week and that was quite a long morning.  As it turned out, they came home each day with a ton of stories and a lot of excitement for the next day.  
 
The last day of camp, they got to put all of their new skills to work playing a full nine holes. 

Here they are with one of their coaches heading out to the course.

Sidney putting into the hole.

Kendall lining up for her putt.  I don't know about you, but it appears Sidney is doing some crazy kind of dance in the background...
 
Our good friend's, the Samm's, also enrolled their boys in the camp.  In fact, between the two of us we were responsible for half the class.  I was very grateful for Charon, as she was able to take all of the fantastic pictures of the girls on the last day.  Here are Ethan, Sidney, Jacob and Kendall after their big game.  I love Jacob and his "Do I seriously have to take a picture" pose. 

The whole gang posing for a picture at the end.  What a great camp and experience.  Well done ladies and gentlemen!

No comments: