Thursday, December 17, 2015

Leaving the Chocolate Room...

Kendall's reading group has been reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  They were tasked with completing an assignment at the end.  Kendall chose to do a diorama of the Chocolate Room. 
 

Here is a closer look at her diorama.

I asked Kendall to describe what she did:

"The chocolate tube was taken from one of the Christmas tubes that hold candy.  I put paper towels in it and I stuck Augustus Gloop inside of it.  The people are made of baking clay that I painted.  The Oompa Loompas are also made of baking clay.  The ground is made of miniature marshmallows that I glued then painted.  The chocolate river is made of Nutella.  The boats are made of the ends of candy canes that kept falling off.  The path is made of Starburst candy.  In the picture Mr. Willy Wonka is tipped over."

No comments: