Monday, May 26, 2014

Did the early bird catch the worm?

The garden is in!  I did a number of vegetables in pots this year.  Last year I had put my tomatoes and herbs in pots.  This year I added bell peppers to the mix. 



Rebecca had given me a bunch of pea and sugar snap pea starts.  I planted them in the spot that I usually put my annual flowers (not pictured).  We got a cute little trellis for the plants to climb.  I have never tried peas, but I am excited to see how they do.

The garden looks a little bit empty.  I have to keep reminding myself at how overcrowded the garden became last year.  I am trying eggplant this year.  We grew it in the church garden last year.  I was amazed how easy it was and how well it did.

Our yard has a TON of worms, huge worms - everywhere!  As we were digging the soil for the plants, the girls were gathering up a few worms to play with.

Kendall was acting a bit silly and pretended to eat one of her worms.

The girls put a few worms and some soil in a plastic cup.  They watched them closely for the evening.  The next morning Sidney woke up and ran outside to check on the worms.  She came back in and exclaimed that one of the worms were gone, "The early bird must have come and taken Kendall's worm!"  Upon further investigation, the worm had just dug itself down into the dirt.

No comments: