Thursday, March 13, 2014

While the Cat is Away...

Kevin has had state tournaments for the past three weekends:  girls bball, wrestling and boys bball.  One thing about Kevin is his thoughtfulness.  He earned a few extra dollars for the tournaments.  He immediately encouraged me to take the girls out and do something special.  What better way to spend a Saturday than to get a mani or a pedi?  Kendall opted for the pedicure.  She was in heaven.  My at home pedicures have a lot to live up to now.

Sidney opted for the manicure.  The ladies at the spa were so nice to the girls.  They painted beautiful flowers with gemstone centers on their fingers.  I opted for the manicure - can you say cracked cuticles?  Wow, my skin is moisture starved.

Last Friday night, the girls picked out a craft to do while Kevin was away.  Once we had decided on a shadowbox, I mentioned that they may want to lay out their plans on paper before they start.  Sidney surprised me by saying, "Yes, we should make a blueprint."  I asked her to repeat herself, since I had no idea she knew that word.  When I asked her where she learned the word, she replied "My heart just told me."  Those girls and their hearts.  I only wish my heart was that smart!

The boxes turned out pretty cool.  The girls spent 3 hours working on them which, in and of itself, was pretty impressive.  The butterflies actually hang from pipe cleaners through the top of the box, so they can "fly".
 

No comments: