Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'll take one of everything please.

This weekend Kevin and I decided to rent a hotel room and take the girls on a mini-vacation.  We chose one with a very large swimming pool and requested an early check-in.  It was VERY fun!  We all played in the pool and oscillated from pool to jacuzzi for several hours.  Kendall practiced her belly-flops (at least that is how it appeared) and Sidney was actually jumping all the way into the pool by herself.  Kevin and I had a lot of fun as both of us are pretty strong swimmers, but rarely take the opportunity to do so nowadays.  Kevin impressed us all by swimming from one end of the pool to the next without coming up for air.  Both girls were amazed that their parents could do "stop bad guy, stop" and "ice cream scoops".  Oh what skills we have! 

 After a long pool time, the girls and Kevin went up to the room while I ran out and grabbed some food for dinner.  We gorged.  Then Kevin did the biggest party foul of them all.  He dropped a brand new bottle of Bailey's on the tile floor.  WHAT???  Of course that was totally unacceptable, and he quickly ran out for a replacement bottle. 

The girls snuggled up into the bed and watched cartoons while Kevin and I sat in the other room and watched football (Kevin) and developed a landscaping plan (Heather).  The Bailey's turned on my creative side and I came up with an outstanding plan.  We'll have to see what we think of the Bailey's infused yard arrangement in a few more days...


This morning Sidney's eyes were open at 6am and her first words were "I am ready for breakfast".  So, I took her down to show her the buffet.  She was in awe.  In fact she literally sampled everything on the buffet.  I will list just a few:  oatmeal, french toast sticks, waffles, banana nut muffin, bagel, sausage, froot loops, apple juice, milk, etc.  It was hilarious.  She literally ate one bite of everything.  I have never seen anything like it.  When we returned to the room, she complained that her stomach hurt.  Gee, I wonder why.

After breakfast settled, it was time to hit the pool again for a few more hours of swimming.  When we got home Kendall sat on the couch and fell asleep in about 2 minutes.  It was a great time.  Something so simple, yet so much fun!

No comments: