Saturday, June 18, 2011

Treasure Hunting 101.

The last couple of weekends we have introduced the girls to the art of treasure hunting (aka yard saling).  They are hooked.  This morning Sid woke up asking if we could go yard saling.  Today they truly scored.  We found matching pink scooters (the beginner kind) for $2 each.  What a bargain.  They were so excited to come home and try them out.  By the time we made it home and each of the girls had gotten a nap in, the rain was coming down in Boise.  Is this really the middle of June?  So they went for their inaugural spin in the garage.  First they had to follow the rules that Daddy laid down.  Tennis shoes and helmets.  Knee and elbow pads optional, but recommended.  They opted to fore go the pads today.  I suspect they will be using them in the future as Kendall was already thinking it was a good idea after a few minor crashes.

After gearing up they were ready to go.  Kevin has some pretty funny crash pictures, but we will have to get those off his phone.  They had a good time and are excited to take them out onto the sidewalk.

The treasures were plentiful today.  The girls got new outfits, scooters, a Disney princess board game, workbooks, a play piano and books galore.  I scored some scentsy candle wax.  Kevin scored some stereo speakers.  Last week he managed to get a Kenmore mini-fridge for work.  We plugged it in and it is fantastic.  I also scored a few new stamp sets.  I always like yard sales.  It truly is a reflection of  "one mans trash is another mans treasure".  I always find myself purging our closets and toy bins only to fill them back up.  It is fun to keep things fresh! 

I do not believe I have posted these pictures, but here they are.  My mom does custom window treatments.  She is AMAZING!  Her work is incredible.  Being her daughter, I have reaped the rewards of her talents.  My home is filled with custom window treatments and blinds that I otherwise could never afford.  For Christmas she made the girls duvet covers and has been following up with matching valances.  Sidney's window covering arrived a couple of weeks ago.  It is absolutely adorable.


Now we are waiting patiently for Kendall's matching valance.  We are so fortunate to have such talent in the family.  These coverings are not even the tip of the iceberg.  My mom is one creative woman!

No comments: