Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Let the yard work begin.

It has been GORGEOUS here the past few days.  I love the sun.  I think we are finally headed into consistently beautiful weather.  Last Sunday we spent the day working in the yard.  For the first time, the girls were actually quite productive.  They helped me weed the rock beds.  Sidney tried to pull one of the tulips up, but Kendall was quick to stop her.  Kendall used the same vigilance to come after me when I pulled up a bunch of dandelions.  I suppose to her they look like beautiful yellow flowers.  To me they are flowers that I do not want - weeds! 
After all of the yard work, the girls enjoyed the last of the ice cream cups that Grandma had bought.  Coco was trying very hard to get a lick of any drippings.
I was so bummed that Grandma was not here to see the sunshine.  She went home on Saturday afternoon.  It was so awesome to spend time with her.  She celebrates her 85th birthday this month.  She is amazing.  Physically she may have slowed down, but mentally don't mess with Grams she will outwit you in a second.  I am so grateful that she is able to come and spend time with us.  The girls love her to pieces.  Who wouldn't love a Grandma that buys them tie-dye leggings?

Oh, did I mention that we bought an outdoor fireplace?  It is gorgeous.  Kevin is going to extend our patio and stain the concrete, so for now the fireplace remains in the box, as I wait impatiently...

No comments: