Saturday, March 5, 2011

Girls Day at the Mall

It has been a busy weekend.  Last night the Nelson kids were over.  They are moving into a new house, so Rebecca and David are trying to get most everything moved in this weekend.  Kevin is working at the state basketball tournament, so he has been home lat and gone early.  The tournament ends this afternoon.  I think he will be ready for the break.  The girls are ecstatic, because the Nelson kids will be staying overnight tonight.  They did not stay last night because I knew I had Sidney's pictures scheduled this morning.  As I told Rebecca, "I am not equipped to handle five kids and be responsible for picking out a decent picture by myself."  She just laughed.  We both know that she did this for 3-1/2 years while watching our girls.

This morning Kevin was out the door by 7am.  The girls and I had a fun and busy morning.  First we hit Starbucks for an extra strong coffee to get me through the day.  Then we ran by the library to pick some WII games up that I had on reserve.  I just realized that I can check out WII games from the library.  This is great since I hate purchasing something without a test drive first.

After that we hit the mall for Sidney's photo shoot.  She was not really excited about getting her pictures taken, but you would never know from the resulting pictures...

In the words of Sid, "Ta-da"

What a sweet smile.

This one really tells the story.  Have you ever seen such a cute sad face?

Say cheese!

I am not sure exactly why, but this picture of Sidney reminds me so much of her Grandma Terrell.  I really do mean that I am not sure why, because I can tell you one thing...I have never seen Grandma Terrell in a cowboy hat.

My mom was dying to see pictures of Sidney in her pink cowboy boots.  Well mom, I hate to disappoint!

Kendall was the most incredible big sister ever this morning!  She was amazing.  As I mentioned, Sid was not in the mood to have her pictures taken and Kendall was amazing with her.  She tried to coax smiles, showed her what to do, sat quietly while we got things situated and most of all she was willing to accept the "small half" of the only granola bar that I had for bribery.  What a lady!

After the picture, I dragged the girls to Victoria's Secret and then to Macy's to try on new makeup.  They did so awesome at the makeup counter that the lady working there gave them each a mini-makeover.  After all of that, we had worked up an appetite. 

As I am typing this, they are up in their rooms napping.  They will be supercharged by the time their friends get here.  Starbucks - here I come (again)!

As I review this post, I realize that I had forgotten to include my absolute favorite picture of the session.  Sid is not looking at the camera, but I adore it anyways. 


1 comment:

Gerbicks said...

i don't think you're the only one who can't do the 5-kids at a photo shoot situation! i say, way to know your limits! lol...sidney is so adorable! *love* the pink boots.