Monday, June 7, 2010

Off to Grandma and Poppies House

Kendall counted down the days. Now they are off on their first vacation away from Mom and Dad...

All the way up to Grangeville, Kevin and I pondered what the silence would be like as Kendall told us joke after joke and Sid repeated them after her. The ride home from Grangeville was deafeningly quiet (except for Kevin snoring while I drove). Yes he will deny it, but I know the truth. When we got back into town - what did we do on our first night alone? Absolutely Nothing! We did go out to dinner. Then we rented a movie. We are such a wild pair!

From what I can tell, the girls are having a blast. Though the only way I can make this determination is by the fact that they do not have time to stop and talk on the phone. I have called twice now. Kendall will come to the phone with some persuading. The first time she said "Hi Mom. Bye Mom". This morning she say "Hi Mom. You and Daddy are home, right? Bye Mom". I should feel really sad about this, but I am so happy they are having so much fun.
My mom made the mistake of telling me several stories that a mother should probably not hear. Dylan dumped the bike trailer "softly" she said. Hallie buckled Sid in the trailer in a highly unusual way. Today they have had hot fudge sundaes, chips and salsa, and it isn't even dinnertime yet. The truth is that I love every crazy detail. They are making meomories. They get to do things a different way for awhile. It is awesome. It is crazy. It is THEIR time! Yet I do miss them with every fiber of my being...


1 comment:

Phone: (208) 255-8085 said...

Our house is way to quiet!!!!!!!!!!We had a great week with the girls and miss them sooo much.They also had their first tootsie roll sucker.Sidney knew exactly what to do.Thanks so much for entrusting us with your precious girls.love mom