Thursday, June 29, 2023

'All of These Strange Numbers are Calling Me.'

This is one for the record books.  The other day, while Sidney was at the ranch, she must have butt dialed 911 while on the horse.  When she got off the horse, she called me back, as I had tried calling her.  While we were on the phone, I hear her say, "Oh no, I butt dialed 911, and now all of these strange numbers are calling me.  But, I am not answering any of them."  Of course, I started to freak out.  I told her to get off the phone and answer the next call that comes in OR try calling one of them back.  Talk about feeling not in control of a situation.  By the time she called me back, I was laughing hysterically.  She called one of the numbers back and someone from the sheriff's office answered.  She told him what happened, and he thanked her for calling back.  Later that night, she realized that they had left several messages to the effect that a 'deputy was en route to her location.'.  Yikes!  Dodged that bullet!

No comments: