Friday, January 20, 2023

Hollywood Vibe - Denver.

 Kendall had her first dance convention of the season this month.  I had a slight conundrum.  Our flight left super early on Friday morning and came back at 1am on Monday.  In my experience, it is crazy hard to get an uber in Boise at that hour.  So, I was planning to park in the airport garage.  I had been keeping an eye on it in the days leading up to the trip.  It always seemed like there were 50ish spots open.  The evening before our trip, my sister flew into town for my dad's hip surgery (more on that later).  She offered to drive us to and from.  After much deliberation, I agreed to take her up on the offer, and she vowed to regret her decision:).  It is a good thing I did, because the morning of the trip I checked the app and sure enough the garage was full.  That would have definitely been inconvenient.  


We got through security just fine.  Except for some reason, I was randomly selected for an in depth search.  Lucky me!

Our room at the hotel had the most beautiful view of the fountains.  

We got checked in early and grabbed lunch with some friends.  

It was a fun weekend, and the weather was amazing.  Paula and I went for a long walk in the 60 degree temperatures one of the days.  I also met one of my co-workers for coffee one day.  The girls had fun staying up late, waking up early and working hard.  They were all exhausted by the end of the weekend.



We went to delicious Mexican food one of the nights for dinner.

My dad had just been telling me about these nachos he saw on the food network, in which they used oversized chips and topped each chip individually.  Well, I was fortunate to find such a delicious thing!

Kendall won a raffle for a $100 lululemon card while we were there.  Yay, she can buy half a pant leg:).


This picture is just a glimpse of the crazy at these conventions.  There is loud music, crazy lights and wall to wall people at any given hour.  I love them though.  I have found my solace amongst these trips.  

No comments: