Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Vaccines and Kevin's Ring.

Earlier this year, I mentioned that the girls were in one of the COVID 19 vaccine trials.  It is a blinded study.  The plan was that all the participants would be unblinded this fall and receive the actual vaccine.  I may have also mentioned that Kendall unblinded herself early.  The study allowed for that.  If a participant had received the vaccine, they could remain in the study.  She was very sure that she had received the vaccine, since she had experienced some side effects.  She really wanted to go to summer camp, but also wanted to know she was vaccinated.  Sure enough, she was fully vaccinated.

Sidney decided to wait it out, as she did not have side effects and was not so sure she had received the vaccine.  It was revealed to us a couple weeks ago what she had received.  Drumroll please...Sidney had received the placebo.  She has now received shot 1 of 2 of the actual vaccine.

I have been uncertain what to do with Kevin's wedding ring.  I had put it on a ring holder, along with his watch and his chain.  Recently, I took it into a jeweler.  They turned it into this beautiful necklace.  The diamond and chain are from a necklace my parents gave me for my college graduation.  I love the way it turned out.  It is feminine, yet prominent.  The ring still has the ridges on the outside.  I love having it close to my heart.


No comments: