Saturday, September 29, 2018

Onion Rings, Old Lady Glasses and the Boise Open.

The girls and I try to get a bit of one on one time occasionally.  One such occurrence was on a recent Saturday afternoon.  Sidney was going to her friends for the evening, so I asked Kendall if she wanted to hang out.  To my luck, she said yes.  We decided to grab a bite to eat.  We mulled over all of our usual suspects before deciding to give a new 'old' place a try.  BK (before kids), Kevin and I used to eat at the Boise Ranch clubhouse.   I remember it being delicious, as far as bar food goes.  Kendall and I decided to give it a try.  She has turned into an onion ring connoisseur.  The Ranch did not disappoint.  After our delicious dinner, we stuck around to hit a bucket of balls and have a putting competition.  It was a marvelous way to spend a Saturday evening!


My eyes have decided to take a turn for the worse the past few years.  It was recommended that I try a pair of progressive lenses (AKA granny glasses).  After much deliberation, and a year of procrastination, I have in.  The verdict is still out, as I have not mastered transitioning between the three different focal points.  That being said, every time I take them off, things look much worse.  As it turns out, Sidney and I both selected the same frames.  She got them in black, while I opted for navy blue. 
 
The girls and I volunteered to help at the Boise Open this year.  We worked on Sunday, which was absolutely gorgeous!  By the looks of the picture below, we had as much fun playing as we did working.  I will definitely volunteer for this again next year.  It was a very well run event and family friendly.
 
Sidney has turned into our chalk art ninja.  She can occasionally be found decorating our driveway with her creations.

I went to a crafty yard sale several weekends ago.  There was nice young college student selling doggie bandanas.  I purchased a lovely tie-dye one for Bailey.  After seeing how cute he looked, we decided to make him some more.  Actually, Sidney decided to make him some more.  We bought a few fat quarters and went to town.  Sidney is now making some for the other dogs in our family.  From the looks of it, Bailey really appreciates his new bandana.

No comments: