Sunday, April 22, 2018

A Relaxing Weekend in McCall.

Last weekend, we were able to get out of dodge and relax in beautiful McCall.  It was a gorgeous afternoon in Boise, so I took the afternoon off work and did a bit of yard work.  After that, Kevin and I decided to pull the girls out of school a bit early and head to McCall.  We were certain they would be upset with us for pulling them out early.  They were, but it did not last long.  Once we arrived, we checked into our room and the girls headed straight to the pool for some good times. 

Kevin chilling by the pool side (well not exactly "chilling" since it is super hot and humid in the pool area).
 
We woke up on Saturday morning to snow.  It only lasted a little while before it started to drizzle.

There was an awesome STEM fair in McCall on Saturday afternoon.  It may have been the best one I have attended yet.  Idaho Public Television had a booth in which the girls made balls balance on a single point by attaching counter balances.


Dr. Picklestein conducted a number of experiments.  I learned a few things and had a lot of fun myself.  The kids in the room were super engaged and had a great time.

The McCall police department had an obstacle course set up for the kids that simulated drunk driving.  The kids could put on goggles that simulated various blood alcohol content levels and try to ride the course.  Kendall put on the most extreme googles and managed to knock EVERY SINGLE cone over. 


Sidney chose a milder pair of goggles, yet still knocked some cones over.  I certainly hope they understood the meaning of the course...

The girls climbed into the back of the ambulance to check their oxygen levels and heart rates.  I had to myself as well.  I can be slightly competitive (shocker).  I had to show the girls how healthy I am:)

After an evening of billiards, ping pong and swimming, the girls woke me up bright and early to exercise.  UGH!  Once I was in the fitness room, I felt much better.  They practice their gymnastics and rode the bikes for a bit, while I walked on the treadmill.

We headed back to Boise around lunch time.  As we were leaving the condo, we saw a bunch of deer grazing by the entrance.  It was so nice to get away from it all!

No comments: